Jul 25, 2007

College Student Depression and Suicide


John McCain lost the Election. My prediction was accurate, as McCain was trailing significantly in many of the major polls up until votes were cast. I did not predict it would be this huge of a margin. In fact, I thought it would be headed to a recount. McCain ran a vigorous campaign, but it just was not enough at the end of the day.

Congratulations to the Obama campaign for their hard fought win! I mean I am not celebrating. Quite frankly, I am pretty depressed at this point.

Right now, I am concerned about the threats to our liberties now with President-elect Barack Obama. I mean, after all, he will be trying to limit our freedom of speech (fairness doctrine), he will take away our guns, our taxes will skyrocket (only to “balance the budget”), and prepare yourself for massive (and I mean, massive) earmarks in our budgets. Let us not forget, Obama will pull us out of Iraq and we will just talk about our foreign policy problems (and much ado about nothing). The hypocrisy of hope has won, and now, we are DOOMED! Welcome to the Dictatorship!

Another important part of my post is a comment that I have been making repeatedly tonight to family and friends. Tonight marks the re-birth of the Republican party. We have been punished again by Americans, who have witnessed how we have strayed from our core principles of limited government and fiscal responsibility. We need to remain true to the conservative, common sense principles our party has stood for in the past. We have strayed, and it is time to return. As a party, we need to come together and unite as one under these principles. (Note: I will begin to blog about this tomorrow or later this weekend.)

I am also worried about our future, our prosperity, our economy (jobs will be getting harder and harder to find…thanks to Obama) and our peace of mind (a.k.a. security). My future children and grandchildren might not experience the liberties and freedoms that I cherish. We might end up in a dictatorship. Who knows? Maybe, something positive will happen out of this. I guess I am being pessimistic, maybe a little ticked off, maybe emotional, or maybe a tad sleep deprived. I am left to wonder what’s next in this saga.

0 comments:

 

Blog Students | College Student Blogging © 2008 using D'Bluez Theme Designed by Ipiet Supported by Tadpole's Notez Based on FREEmium theme