Jun 23, 2007

Test Prep, Studying for the GMAT - Getting Started, Staying Accountable


As I am beginning to study for the GMAT, I realize that there are many students out there that may be in the same position as myself. The obvious answers to test preparations are purchasing books. Books are undoubtedly a valuable resource and I am currently studying one (with another lined up) a few hours here and there. There are tons of online resources with practice questions, yadda yadda etc. All of this information is available, how are we going to use it?


I have decided to use an empty notebook I had around the house to keep record of my study sessions. Since the time you take the GMAT in is so important, I am writing down the amount of time I am spending and which sections I am studying. Hopefully this will give me some type of data to judge my performance on, as well as keep me motivated to work fast so that I do well on the exam.

Also, I have targeted the Quantitative section as the section I think I need to focus on first. After the diagnostic test I took earlier today, this is the portion which I need the most review. The concepts/formulas for the solutions seem easy enough, however I really need to sit down and review many of them in order to refamiliarize myself with them.


0 comments:

 

Blog Students | College Student Blogging © 2008 using D'Bluez Theme Designed by Ipiet Supported by Tadpole's Notez Based on FREEmium theme