Mar 18, 2009

Waiting on CPA Exam Results


Waiting can seem like the most difficult process sometimes, especially when there is nothing you can do to speed things up. All throughout my collegiate career, the longest I have had to wait for an exam seems in my memory to be about a week. Nonetheless, this is not so with the CPA exam. Tediously I wait, day in and day out for my scores to be posted. So far I have taken the regulation and audit sections of the CPA exam and as many are, not too confident as to what will come back.

I took my two sections of the exam the week before the blackout period, which leads me to believe that I should receive them fairly soon. Since there are no exams being taken during this month, all they should be doing is grading and posting exam results, right? I suppose that may be a bit presumptuous, however I do know some people who received their exam results back in as little as two weeks after taking the exam. One thing I certainly am is motivated, having completed a list of reason to pass the CPA exam.

Well, I'm in the middle of week 3 after taking the CPA exam and no results back yet. It is really starting to get to me, because I am not sure if I should plan to retake one or both of them yet. Will I need to pay another several hundred dollars, and spend another one-hundred or so hours studying for this thing? I am unsure of how individuals can take this while working full-time and pass on the first try; I already feel brain drain and a lack of energy while doing it in parallel to my graduate course work which covers similar material as to the CPA exam topics.

One thing I take comfort in is that once I have passed, I will not have to take it again. The CPA exam is not one test, if you can call it one, I ever wish to take again. This, if anything, is excellent motivation to do as well as possible the first time around.

0 comments:

 

Blog Students | College Student Blogging © 2008 using D'Bluez Theme Designed by Ipiet Supported by Tadpole's Notez Based on FREEmium theme